World Book Day
Join us as we celebrate World Book Day at Powis Castle & Garden. Dress up as your favourite book character, complete the World Book Day Puffling trail and exchange your £1 book voucher for an exciting new read.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Harry potter, the Gruffalo, Alice in Wonderland or the Cat in the Hat? Come and celebrate World Book Day dressed up as your favourite book character and choose either free entry to the castle and garden or a free cookie in the restaurant.
- Event ticket prices
|1 adult, 3 children||£23.70||£21.30|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
National Trust is a charity and by purchasing your admission ticket you’re directly supporting vital conservation work here at Powis. By choosing to pay our Gift Aid admission price, the National Trust can reclaim tax on the whole amount paid, which means you’re doing even more to help us keep Powis special forever, for everyone.
Please note: Off-peak ticket prices include access to garden only.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- What to bring and wear
- We couldn't celebrate World Book Day without offering you something new to read. Just exchange the £1 token given to all children at school or nursery for one of the World Book Day Books in our Shop.
- The shop is wheelchair accessible, however parts of the castle are not. Please see our access guide or call 01938 551920 with any questions
- Free entry or cookie voucher applies to children who are under 16 and dressed up as their favourite book character only. To collect your free entry ticket or cookie voucher please visit the main Ticket Office on arrival.
|7 March 2020||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|8 March 2020||11:00 - 16:00||Available|