MADE FOR THE TABLE Exhibition
Explore the evolution of silver tableware and dining conventions from 1600 to today through the silver collection of the Goldsmiths' Company, displayed alongside other crafts and Osterley's rarely seen silver collection.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
From candlesticks and cutlery to serving dishes, silverware has historically been the focal point of dining and it continues to add stylish accents to today’s tables. This exhibition presents 500 years of silver from the Goldsmiths’ Company Collection, alongside contemporary silversmiths and artisans especially commissioned for this exhibition. Discover the relationship between Osterley and the Goldsmiths’ Company, with rare pieces from Osterley’s collection inside Robert Adam’s interiors.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Car Park: £7
Coach parking: £10.50, please call ahead to reserve space.
Please note the car park is cash only payments
Park and grounds: free
Entry for National Trust members and under 5's: free
- Suitable for people of all ages.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Entry to this exhibition will be through the Family Entrance, on the North facade of Osterley House.
- This exhibition is on the first floor of Osterley House, accessed by the Grand Staircase.
- The display is accompanied by visual and audio interpretation curated by AVM Curiosities, including a series of photographs produced in collaboration with Rosalind Atkinson, which were inspired by 17th century still-life paintings, and an ambient soundscape by Ysanne Spevack aka Mee, best known for her work with the Smashing Pumpkins. The soundscape titled 'Silverware 7' vividly brings to life the making process using silverware as percussion, alongside atmospheric sounds from the forges of master silversmiths Miriam Hanid and Rebecca De Quin. The exhibition is accompanied by a programme of events, including talks, workshops, trails and a new shop in the Servants Hall showcasing incredible pieces by contemporary silversmiths and artisans.
|17 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|18 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|19 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|20 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|21 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|22 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|23 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|24 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|25 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|26 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|27 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|28 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|29 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|30 November 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|1 December 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|2 December 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|3 December 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|4 December 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|5 December 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|6 December 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|