A mindful woodland wander
Re-connect with nature among the trees of Hayburn Wyke.
- Booking essential
Trees have a profound effect on us. Spending just 10 minutes in a woodland has been proven to calm busy minds and make us grounded. This 2 mile wander takes you through the woodlands at Hayburn Wyke, walking slowly and mindfully to take in the environment. There’ll be stops along the way to do a short mindfulness exercise and a meditation. This event is led by Alison Goodwin of Adventures for the Soul, qualified walk leader, Yoga teacher and former Zen Buddhist.
Event ticket prices
Child £5.0011 - 16 years
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Booking line open daily, Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am - 4pm.
- Children 11 years and over welcome, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet in the paddock next to the Hayburn Wyke Inn car park, 2 miles north of Cloughton off the A171, YO13 0AU
- What to bring and wear
- Please bring a packed lunch and water. Alternatively, lunch can be purchased at the Hayburn Wyke Inn. Please wear sensible shoes or walking boots and bring waterproofs. Sun cream advised if it's fine.
- Some uneven paths, steps and slopes. May be muddy in places following wet weather.
- Mindful practises are calming to the mind and benefit the body too. Meanwhile, you’ll appreciate being around trees even more. After a while, you may start to notice the vibrant colours of nature, beautiful birdsong and the smell of sea air. Essentially your senses can become more finely-tuned as your attention moves to being in the present moment. Anxiety and stress reduce and can even drop away. A Japanese government report suggests a 2 hour experience with trees can reduce stress and blood pressure, while improving memory and concentration. Trees also release chemicals known as phytoncides, which have an anti-microbial effect. Some researchers reckon these boost our immune system.
|15 September 2019||10:30 - 13:00||Available|