Timed entry to Monk's House (28 July - 29 July)
Book your timed entry to visit Monk's House.
- Booking essential
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers and you’ll need to book your visit in advance. Sadly, if you don't book, you’ll be turned away, even if you're a member. Please follow the latest guidance when you visit.
Please arrive within your 30-minute timeslot. You’re then welcome to stay until closing time.
Open for your visit this week: Downstairs rooms open only. Rooms will be cordoned and viewable from doorways in order to protect furniture and fabrics from harsh chemicals required in cleaning for visitors at this time. Groups (or bubbles) to move through the property on a free-flow basis. Please be mindful of others as you move through rooms. For this reason, there may be queues for the house. Outdoor privy (one visitor at a time).
Currently closed: Exhibition room.
Dogs welcome on leads in the garden (except allotments).
Event ticket prices
Adult £6.00Non-member adult (aged 18+)
Child £3.00Non-member child (aged 5-17)
- Essential Companion or Carer £0.00
- National Trust member (adult or child aged 5+) £0.00
- Non-member family (1 adult max 3 children) £9.00
- Non-member family (2 adults max 3 children) £15.00
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property. You will need your ticket to gain access and arrive within your selected 30 minute window to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors.
- There are a number of steps both entering and exiting the main house as well as around the garden. A new and temporary entrance with three steps down into the house does not have a handrail. Very narrow corridors and small rooms Grounds - partly accessible via a side gate. Some visitors may require assistance from their companion. Site has limited suitability for wheel chair users.
- • Please book one ticket per person. Children under 5 don’t need a ticket. Please bring your membership card to show on arrival. • Please follow the latest guidance when you visit. • Members park free but non-members will need to pay where there are pay machines. Campervans are welcome but not permitted to stay overnight and we're unable to welcome caravans at this time. • If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your timeslot, we can’t guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.