Wild Wednesday: Plant it, grow it, eat it
Join our wild team and make a creepy-crawly cress filled caterpillar. Decorate your own caterpillar, plant the seeds and watch them grow at home ready for summer picnics!
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Join our wild team and make a creepy-crawly cress filled caterpillar. Decorate your own caterpillar, plant the seeds and watch them grow at home ready for summer picnics! Plus, receive a sticker for completing one of your '50 Things' - plant it, grow it, eat it. Take home your own '50 Things' scrapbook to record your achievements.
Event ticket prices
|1 adult, 3 children||£18.60||£16.90|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
|National Trust member||N/A||£4.95|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
Stowe House is opened by Stowe House Preservation Trust. For more information call +44 (0)1280 818166. Admission charges apply to National Trust members, payable at National Trust reception.
Child tickets: under 17s, under 5s go free.
HHA members and Stowe House annual pass members: free.
Purchasing a ticket entitles the holder to free entry to Stowe House for one year.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Each child attending will need to book a ticket. Adults don't need to book.
- This activity is for children between 5 and 12 and their families
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- We'll be meeting at the Eastern Lake Pavilion, please allow enough time to gain admission and make your way to the gardens (it's around a 0.3 mile walk from the New Inn visitor centre).
- What to bring and wear
- Remember this is an outdoor event. Wear clothes you don't mind getting a bit messy and wear comfy shoes. If it's sunny, bring your sunhat, sunglasses and cream.
- The gardens are partly accessible with steep slopes and uneven terrain. Mobility buggies are available to hire. Please call us to discuss your requirements on 01280 817156.
- Though this activity is aimed at children between 5 and 12, we do welcome children of all ages at this event. All children must be accompanied by an adult that remains present throughout the session.
|5 April 2017||10:30 - 12:00||Available|