Buildings, books and beetles - pre-booked
Join us for a fast-paced, immersive, behind-the-scenes experience which takes the wrap off some of our oldest and rarest books, the threats they're under, and the work that's underway to save them.
- Booking essential
Join us for an immersive, guided experience which takes the wrap off the most significant library cared for by the National Trust and find out why its important enough to be saved.
Head up to the attics to hear more about the vital building work that's currently going on, see some of the critters who love to dine on the books, and find out how you can support this vital conservation work.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 03442491895
- 10 tickets per tour is the maximum allowed.
- The tour is suitable for ages 8 and above. No children in arms please.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the East Wing visitor reception (the wing to the right of the house as you look down the drive) 15 minutes before your experience is due to start. Please show your ticket to the welcome team.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear sensible clothing and dress for extremes of temperature in the attics. Layers are a good idea and sturdy footwear is essential (no heels or flip flops please)
- This experience involves climbing up and down very steep, narrow staircases into small attic spaces. We're sorry but there's no access for wheelchairs and you'll need to be reasonably fit.
- The tour is 45 minutes long. We'll provide you with essential protective clothing including a hard hat. The experience will leave promptly at the designated time and it will not be possible to join the group after it has left. Please use the toilets in the East Wing before you join the group - there are no facilities along the way. Please allow at least 15 minutes between parking your car in the main car park and arriving at the East Wing. Numbers are limited to 10 per group to comply with mandatory fire regulations in the attics.
|23 August 2019||11:00 - 12:00||Available|
|29 August 2019||11:00 - 12:00||Available|
|30 August 2019||11:00 - 12:00||Available|