Island life through the ages
Brownsea has a fascinating past featuring celebrities such as Marconi and Baden Powell both of whom were good friends to families that once called the island home.
- Booking essential
- Free event (admission applies)
Join one of our knowledgable volunteers on this free guided walk that will talk you through island family life over time. Meet the wealthy, and those that served them and find out what life was really like living on an island in Poole Harbour. The stories of their lives will reveal how Brownsea came to be what it is today.
- Event ticket prices
|(x1 adult and x3 children)||£12.60||£11.25|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Please note that the ferry fare (not National Trust) applies to all visitors.
DWT members who are solely visiting the DWT area, are not required to pay the NT admission
- Booking details
- Call 01202 707744
- Not suitable for children under 12
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Adjacent the Courtyard, just beyond the reception area
- What to bring and wear
- Most of the paths on Brownsea are gravel or unmade, please ensure you wear suitable footwear
- Brownsea has a number of all-terrain wheelchairs and pushchairs that are available to use free of charge and can be pre-booked through the Property Office
- A small donation for this walk would help the National Trust to continue to look after places forever and for everyone.
|2 August 2019||11:00 - 13:00||Available|
|6 September 2019||11:00 - 13:00||Available|
|4 October 2019||11:00 - 13:00||Available|