Percy the Park Keeper's winter wander trail at Stowe
This winter, treat your little ones to a world of adventures at Stowe on the Percy the Park Keeper's winter wander trail. Join in the fun with Percy and his animal friends and give nature a helping hand. The trail will take place between 4th...
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
This winter, treat your little ones to a world of adventures
at Stowe on the Percy the Park Keeper's winter wander trail. Join in the fun with Percy and his animal friends and give nature a helping hand.
The trail will take place between 4th December and 3rd January (excluding Christmas Eve and Christmas Day), so come along and explore the beautiful gardens of Stowe. The trail will be open from 10am until 4pm, with last admission at 3pm to enable you to fully enjoy the experience.
The trail will cost £2 per participant to take part in the trail.
Booking is not needed for this trail.
- Event ticket prices
|Family One Adult||£21.50||£19.50|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
RHS members visit for free, one person free entry per membership.
- Meeting point
- To join the trail, please speak to a team member along Bell Gate Drive at Stowe Gardens.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear comfy clothes and footwear for a good walk. Come weather prepared from wellies to woolly hats.
- The gardens are partly accessible: they include uneven and hard gravel paths, steep slopes, and are slightly hilly Please be aware there is an approx. 800m walk from the car park to the garden. No buggies available. Plenty of accessible car parking.
- The trail story is focussed on families becoming Percy’s helper for the day helped by his animal friends, stepping into his ‘wellies’ while he is busy on site. There will be winter tasks, activities, games, clues and a note from Percy to help them along the way.