Music by the Lake
Every Sunday throughout the summer, the view over the lake from Crow Park will be complimented by music from talented musicians and creatives from across Cumbria. From community choirs to steel bands, come to Crow Park and see what you’ll discover.
- Booking not needed
- Free event
Dates and performers:
5 Jun: Open mic w/ JP Worsfold
Singer songwriter of contemporary folk songs inspired by his life working as a ranger in the Lake District. They are emotional, reflective, contemplative songs of connection, joy and belonging.
12 Jun: SoundWave Dischord Community Choir (12pm-2pm)
Soundwave is a West Cumbrian music charity offering music sessions in west Cumbria. The Choir rehearse at Rosehill Theatre on Wednesday and have been singing together for around 4 years.
26 Jun: Steel Alive (1pm-3pm)
A steel band based in Workington - "We play a selection of Caribbean songs, popular music, jazz and light classical."
3 Jul: Open Mic w/ JP Worsfold
10 Jul: Folk Cumbria
A loose collection of musicians crafting and playing at music events around Cumbria. "Prepare to sing along and bring your best dancing wellies for this breezy session with a beautiful view."
17 Jul: Merry Assembly open mic w/ Dave Camlin
A celebration of creativity where everyone can contribute to the entertainment. Hosted by singer/song-writer Dave Camlin with the Earthsong ‘living installation’ of willow critters and human singers from Sing Owt! and Wild Chorus.
24 Jul: Cockermouth Ukuleles
“We are a happy band of ukulele players who play a range of music from popular music, 60's songs, country and western and rock and roll."
31 Jul: J P Worsfold
7 Aug: Steel Alive (1pm-3pm)
21 Aug: Merry Assembly open mic w/ Dave Camlin
28 Aug: Cockermouth Ukuleles
4 Sep: Open mic w/ JP Worsfold
- Suitable for the whole family
- Meeting point
- Join us at Crow Park, Lake Road, Keswick CA12 5DJ Grid Ref NY263229 It is a 10 minute walk from Keswick bus station (bus 555 from Windermere, X5 from Workington and Penrith, 554 from Carlisle)
- What to bring and wear
- Please dress for the weather and consider bringing hats and sunscreen. Why not bring a camping chair or a blanket and make an afternoon of it.
- Crow Park is a large grassy field grazed by sheep. There is step-free access from Lake Road, an access-for-all path through the park and a wheelchair accessible gate on the Crow Park road entrance. The pop-up bandstand will be approx. 100m up a gentle grassy slope from the path.
- This event will go ahead in light rain, but may be cancelled if strong winds are forecast. This event runs every Sunday from the 5th of June to the 4th of September except the 19th of June due to the road being closed for the Lakesman Triathlon.