Take a turn on the man-made river behind the Mansion in a canoe to see the gardens from a new perspective.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Canoe uncharted waters this half-term to tick off number 50 on your 50 Things list.
To book call 0300 111 8030, and select option 2. Normal admission applies, suitable for 8+ years (adults welcome).
Event ticket prices
|1 adult, 3 children||£19.80||£18.00|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
Admission charges apply to non-members and are paid at Visitor Reception. When you buy your admission ticket to Shugborough you're directly helping to keep the estate a special place for ever, for everyone.
Parking is free of charge.
- Booking details
- Call 0300 111 8030
- Select option 2 when calling the booking number. Line may not be open on weekends.
- Children are very welcome
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- After popping into visitor reception for admissions first, meet your qualified instructor at the jetty in the formal gardens.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear comfortable clothing, water/windproof layers if you have them, and secure shoes which you don't mind getting wet (no jeans or flip flops). Don't forget sun cream and a spare set of clothes.
- The car park is about a mile from the canoeing area, and the activity itself may not be suitable for everyone. If you would like to discuss your needs further please get in touch with Go Canoeing!
- Dogs on leads are welcome on most of the estate, but there are restrictions around the river. Sadly dogs will not be allowed in the canoes.
|31 May 2017||10:30 - 11:30||Available|
|11:30 - 12:30||Available|
|13:30 - 14:30||Available|
|14:30 - 15:30||Available|