Saddlescombe Farm Open Day
Discover this hidden ancient downland farm that was once owned by the Knights Templars.
- Booking not needed
- Free event
Explore the farm with tours of the 17th century buildings, including the old scullery and larder, ancient threshing barns and walled garden. Displays and demonstrations of traditional crafts including hurdle making, bee keeping, bodging and basket making.
Children can enjoy games, such as a coconut shy, hunt for wildlife and try their hand at green woodworking. There will also be tractor and trailer rides and heavy horses.
Refreshments will be available at the Wildflour café.
- Family play area
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Saddlescombe Farm, nr Poynings map ref. TQ273115. Please follow signposts near Devil's Dyke for parking on the day.
- What to bring and wear
- THIS IS A CASH ONLY EVENT £5 Parking, free for National Trust Members. House and Farm tours £3, free for children. Entry to main event is free.
- Easy access for all but please note there are some steep stairs on the tours.
- Bus no 77 from Brighton to Devil's Dyke (follow signs along South Downs Way) no 17 to Poynings or no 87 to Pyecombe. This is a special event so charges for tours apply to all. £5 car park charge (Free to members). Saddlescombe Farm has no mobile phone or data access; PLEASE BRING CASH.
|23 June 2019||10:30 - 15:30||Available|