Riverside and Scenic walk to Ham House
Walk with us through the remains of Richmond Palace, along the river and up Richmond Hill where you will see the protected view painted by many artists. Our walk continues through Petersham Meadows before finishing at Ham House and Garden.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Richmond has been an important place for centuries and this guided walk will show you more of this fascinating history. The walk will chart the history of the river in the 17th century and its connection and influence on Ham House and Garden where this tour will end.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Entrance for National Trust members is free.
Our Winter Admission prices are available between 1 Jan - 15 Mar and 4 Nov - 31 Dec.
- Children welcome
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet your guide inside Richmond Station at 11am. The guided walk lasts 2 hours.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear comfortable shoes and suitable comfortable clothing. This is a 2 hours walk so please dress for the weather on the day and bring waterproofs if needed.
- Not suitable for people who struggle with hills or longer walks. If you have concerns, please contact us.
- Please note that at the end of the walk on arrival at Ham House admission fees to the property do apply. Admission is free for National Trust members and you are welcome to sign up for membership on arrival. Day tickets for the property are also available. Please note that you will need a ticket or membership to access the cafe and toilets as they are within the property.
|21 September 2019||11:00 - 13:00||Available|
|29 September 2019||11:00 - 13:00||Available|
|5 October 2019||11:00 - 13:00||Available|
|13 October 2019||11:00 - 13:00||Available|
|19 October 2019||11:00 - 13:00||Available|