Timed entry to Castle Ward (23 Nov - 29 Nov)
Book your timed entry to visit Castle Ward.
- Booking advisable
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers. To avoid disappointment, please book your visit in advance, especially at busier times such as weekends and bank holidays.
Please arrive within your 30-minute timeslot. You’re then welcome to stay until closing time.
Open for your visit this week: Grounds and garden, Tea-room (takeaway only), Gift-shop and Second hand Bookshop. Stable yard and Farmyard toilet facilities open.
Currently closed: Mansion House, Slaughterhouse Shop, Trailhead Cafe.
Dogs on leads at all times except in the dog exercise field beside the Admission Hut.
Bookings close at 3pm the day before entry.
Event ticket prices
Adult £10.00Non-member adult (aged 18+)
Child £5.00Non-member child (aged 5-17)
- National Trust member (adult or child aged 5+) £0.00
- Non-member family (1 adult max 3 children) £15.00
- Non-member family (2 adults max 3 children) £25.00
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property. You will need your ticket to gain access and arrive within your selected 30 minute window to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Follow signage to accessible parking. Adapted toilet in Stableyard and Farmyard. Access to the estate is via the Strangford Road entrance only. Partly accessible trails, some steps and steep areas. Mobility scooters are now available for hire - advance notice necessary. For horse-riding, instead of a daily permit, please purchase an additional child ticket to cover your daily horse permit.
- • Please book one ticket per person. Children under 5 don’t need a ticket. • Please bring your membership card to show on arrival. • Members park free but non-members will need to pay where there are pay machines. Campervans are welcome but not permitted to stay overnight and we're unable to welcome caravans at this time • If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your timeslot, we can’t guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Please follow government guidance and local restrictions. Face coverings are required in most enclosed spaces, unless you’re exempt. Please bring one with you. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.