Behind the Scenes: Textile Conservation Tours
Join an expert textile conservator for a behind the scenes tour of the house.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Find out how the team looks after the collection in a behind the scenes tour of the mansion.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Free cup of tea for those arriving by public transport, bicycle or on foot.
Please note that family tickets apply for two adults and their children or grandchildren (17 or under). Under 5s go free.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Tickets will be first come first served from Visitor Reception and the tour will begin in the entrance hall of the mansion.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear comfortable shoes as the tour will last between 30 - 40 minutes.
- The tour will involve stairs as visitors will be taken up to the second floor of the house. More access information is available on our website homepage under 'Facilities and Access'
- Tickets are available first come first served from Visitor Reception.
|30 January 2020||10:30 - 11:00||Available|
|6 February 2020||10:30 - 11:00||Available|
|13 February 2020||10:30 - 11:00||Available|
|20 February 2020||10:30 - 11:00||Available|
|27 February 2020||10:30 - 11:00||Available|
|5 March 2020||10:30 - 11:00||Available|
|12 March 2020||10:30 - 11:00||Available|
|19 March 2020||10:30 - 11:00||Available|
|26 March 2020||10:30 - 11:00||Available|