Avebury sky tour
Enjoy a tour of the night sky around the ancient stone circle at Avebury and take in its wonders from this perfect stargazing location.
- Booking essential
The sky we see today is different to how it looked thousands of years ago. Discover how the sky has changed, the myths and stories it has inspired and what to look out for in the months ahead. Your guide will be Adrian West, a local, passionate and experienced astronomer. He has written astronomy and space related articles for popular online science magazines, gathering a large social media following. He has also written guides for the BBC, National Trust and others.
Event ticket prices
Child £5.00Child ticket = anyone under 16 years
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Please book online or by phone. Phone lines are open Mon to Fri 9am-5.30pm and weekends 9am-4pm.
- Accompanied children welcome
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please meet at Avebury Chapel at the top of the High Street, Avebury.
- What to bring and wear
- Part of the event will take place outdoors so wrap up warm and bring sturdy footwear.
- Disabled parking is available in the High Street car park. The walk outside will include some rough ground and steps.
- Please note: if it is too cloudy on the night, there will be a virtual sky tour inside Avebury Chapel instead.
|27 February 2020||19:00 - 21:00||Available|
|21 March 2020||19:30 - 21:30||Available|