Walk with an Archaeologist - the Stonehenge Landscape
Join Neolithic expert and National Trust archaeologist, Dr Nick Snashall on this half day exploration of the Stonehenge Landscape and find out about the latest exciting discoveries. We will be walking around 4 miles.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Dr Nick Snashall has been working in this globally important landscape for many years. During this gentle 4 mile walk, you will follow in the footsteps of our prehistoric ancestors as she leads you on this journey of discovery through the Stonehenge Landscape. Dr Nick Snashall will explain how the latest discoveries are revealing the secrets of our ancestors.
Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- A 5% booking fee applies. Phone lines are open Mon to Fri 9am-5.30pm, plus Sat and Sun 9am-4pm.
- Accompanied older children welcome.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meeting in a car park off Tombs Road (Larkhill) at OS grid reference SU 14382 43626 (nearest postcode SP4 8NB). For more information call 07917 175211
- What to bring and wear
- Please dress for the weather and wear stout footwear. Feel free to bring refreshments to enjoy on the walk.
- Access is by pedestrian and farm gates; the terrain is mostly grassland and track ways, often uneven underfoot. Cattle and sheep graze the gently sloping downs.
|18 April 2018||10:30 - 13:00||Sold out|