Wassailing at Avalon Orchard 2020
Time for some seasonal, festive fun. The ranger team are having a festive celebration in the orchard at Glastonbury Tor.
- Booking advisable
Wassailing is an ancient custom that involves drinking cider, singing to the trees in the hope of a good harvest and scaring away any evil spirits that might be lurking. You can tour the Tor, sing around the trees, hear stories by the fire, sample the fruit of last year's crop and enjoy hot food.
Tours of the Tor will be available from 2pm.
On the day entry, is £3 per adult and £1 per child (ages 5-16): please note cash only.
Please park in the town and walk to the Tor.
Event ticket prices
Child £1.00age 5 - 16
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- This is an event for the whole family.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- The orchard will be signposted from main access points to the Tor and lit up along the way, there will also be staff and volunteers to guide you.
- What to bring and wear
- Please bring warm clothes and torches. Don't forget some cash for hot food and the bar.
- There is limited accessibility to the orchard and some uneven ground, only suitable for all-terrain wheelchairs and pushchairs. Disabled parking is available along Wellhouse Lane.
- Parking update: If you are looking to join us at this this year’s wassailing event, please note that there will be no car parking at the Tor. We recommend walking from the town. There will be space available to blue badge holders at the Tor, we recommend contacting us at email@example.com to let us know you will be joining us. We will however be running a mini-bus from Glastonbury town centre, on a first-come, first-served basis. Available from 1pm on 18 January, the pick-up point will be St Dunstan's car park and will be running multiple return journeys throughout the afternoon. The service is free, however we are asking for a donation of £1 per person. Thank you to Wedmore community bus for helping us with the bus service.
|18 January 2020||13:00 - 16:00||Available|