Soundscape tour - May & June
An audio tour exploring the life and music of composer Ralph Vaughan Williams, who spent his early, formative years up Leith Hill Place.
- Booking essential
- Free event (admission applies)
This tour will take you to the attics of the house, where you move through four rooms listening to reflections from Vaughan Williams' family and friends, as well as excerpts from his music Duration: approx. 25 minutes.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
There is a suggested donation of £3.50 in the Rhododendron Wood car park for non National Trust members.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Suitable for ages 12 and up
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- The tour starts from the first floor landing. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the tour starts to use the facilities.
- The Soundscape tour takes place in the attic, up a set of steep winding stairs. There are also roof joists to step over. The tour is also available daily on wand to listen to on the ground floor.
- On days when the soundscape isn't running it is possible to borrow an audio guide from reception to listen to the tour as you walk round the house.
|28 June 2019||11:30 - 12:00||Available|
|12:30 - 13:00||Available|
|13:30 - 14:00||Available|
|14:30 - 15:00||Available|
|15:30 - 16:00||Available|