Wimpole Spring Concert Season: Eboracum Baroque
Eboracum Baroque return to the Long Gallery at Wimpole Hall to delight your ears and eyes with a varied selection of music played on period instruments. The event includes fascinating gems of Baroque music knowledge from the experts in the field!
- Booking essential
The programme will have a particular connection to former Wimpole resident Captain George Bambridge - a keen concert-goer who documented many of the concerts he heard. A number of these were Baroque works particularly for the violin, such as Bach's Partita No.3 for solo violin. Bambridge also recorded hearing a concert of some of Handel's most famous arias, including many from his stage work, Semele,. Eboracum Baroque will perform a selection of these celebrated arias and songs.
Event ticket prices
All £20.00Includes interval drink
- Booking details
- Call 0344 2491895
- Ticket price includes on interval drink. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded.
- Children are welcome at parents' discretion
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please park in the staff and volunteer car park, where you will be greeted and escorted to the main entrance of the Hall.
- What to bring and wear
- Please bring a torch, extra layers, and shoes suitable for the walk from the car park to the Hall.
- There is no disabled access to the Long Gallery, which is accessed via a flight of 12 stone steps, but those with limited mobility can be dropped off outside the house by prior arrangement.
- The event also provides a rare opportunity to look round the Ground Floor rooms after hours and talk to our knowledgeable room guides. Please arrive at 7.30pm if you would like to do this. The ticket price includes a drink in the interval.
|26 March 2018||20:00 - 22:00||Available|