Fountains rocks: a guided landscape walk
The monks arrived here nearly 900 years ago but the rocks have been here longer. Join this free guided walk through the abbey and the water garden to learn more about the geology of the valley.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
The monks arrived here nearly 900 years ago but the rocks have been here longer. Join our guide to explore the way the natural landscape has been shaped by the natural elements, the monks and Georgians to form the scenery and buildings you see today.
- Event ticket prices
|One adult family||£27.75||£25.20|
Minimum group size 16
Minimum group size 16
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
National Trust and English Heritage members free (except English Heritage corporate and education memberships). Free admission to St Mary's Church.
All members need to bring their cards, including family passes.
A family ticket includes 2 adults and 3 children. Under 5s go free.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Porter's Lodge. You can find this building at the bottom of the hill from visitor centre to the abbey.
- What to bring and wear
- Sturdy footwear
- This walk will be going off the path through the abbey and down to the water garden.
- This walk starts at Porter's Lodge but finishes at Studley Lake. If the return walk is too much for you there is a free minibus service to take you to the visitor centre or West Gate admission points. Please ask at Studley Royal admission desk if you'd like to make use of this service.
|15 April 2020||13:30 - 15:00||Available|