Learn the ancient skills of drystone walling in this action packed two-day course.
- Booking essential
Join the experienced Rangers at Mortehoe, near Woolacombe and help to rebuild an ancient Devon stone-faced bank that may be over 200 years old. Learn about courses, how to shape the stones and what makes a good capping stone. This is a hands on, practical way to learn and help repair our heritage. We will provide tools, training and equipment.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 01598 763402
- Not suitable for children
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Mortehoe village car park, grid ref SS 457 452. This car park is not run by the National Trust so parking fees may apply.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear stout walking shoes or work boots and old warm clothes to work in. Bring waterproofs, lunch and drinks with you. If you have any tools of your own, please feel free to bring them with you.
- There is a grassy slope up to the work site and the terrain is uneven. The ground and work site may be muddy and slippery if it is wet.
|22 October 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|23 October 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|