Exploring Ickworth with our Nature Explorer
Join our Volunteer Nature Explorer every Thursday in the summer holidays for an exploration of the wildlife and nature around Ickworth estate.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Activities will start at 11am and 1.30pm every Thursday and will last up to an hour and a half.
On Thursday 21st July and Thursday 11 August you will be able to go on a nature trail around the woodlands of Ickworth, wildlife spotting along the way and finding out more about who shares their home on the estate.
On Thursday 28th July and Thursday 18th August you can join our Nature Explorer on a geocaching adventure, finding the hidden treasures and tracking along the network of geocaches at Ickworth.
On Thursday 4th and Thursday 25th August why not visit our 1930s estate worker as you play 1930s games, hear stories about the 4th Marchioness and dress up in 1930s costumes.
- Event ticket prices
|1 Adult and up to 3 children||£18.20||£16.50|
Minimum group size 12
Minimum group size 12
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Free entry for National Trust members
Day visitors will require an admission ticket to access the Estate, giving you entry to all areas open on the day of your visit as per our opening times.
Some activities may incur an additional cost - please see our what's on page for more information on events and cyle hire held at Ickworth.
- Children are welcome
- Meeting point
- Activities are self led and across the estate - visit the Welcome Point on arrival for assistance on what to do on arrival.
- What to bring and wear
- Any activities will be outdoors, wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Many of Ickworth's footpaths are a mixture of loose and hard gravel, woodchip and grass and may be hard going with manual wheelchairs. The Multi-use trail is perfect for wheelchair users.
- Volunteer led activity is subject to volunteer availability on the day. We ask that all grownups stay with their children throughout the activity. The activities are free and we would accept donations on the day. All activities are subject to capacity so if some groups are too large we may ask you to join the afternoon session instead. No pre-booking required.