October half-term on Brownsea
Dare you venture up to the haunted woods on Brownsea to see what new spooky things lie lurking in the trees ....
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
The haunted woods have grown in size, are you brave enough to discover what's new this October half-term? After your visit, you can rest a while and get toasty by the campfire at the Outdoor Centre (weekends only).
On Halloween there will be a chance to make your own broomstick using only nature's materials.
Free family squirrel walks will be running daily with the chance to see the red squirrels busy hiding food ready for the winter. Walks will be starting at 11.30am and 2.00pm
- Event ticket prices
|(x1 adult and x3 children)||£12.60||£11.25|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Please note that the ferry fare (not National Trust) applies to all visitors.
DWT members who are solely visiting the DWT area, are not required to pay the NT admission
- Booking details
- Call 01202 707744
- Booking advisable for wand making only
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Head to the Visitor Centre to find out more and then onto the Outdoor Centre to toast a tasty treat on the campfire. Family squirrel walks start from the courtyard behind visitor reception
- What to bring and wear
- Wear sturdy footwear and sensible outdoor clothing paying attention to recent and current weather conditions.
- Please check the Seahorse wheelchair accessible service timetable.
- On Halloween there will be free wand making workshops, bookable online, please see other listing. Get toasty available on Halloween and weekends only.
|26 October 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|27 October 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|28 October 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|29 October 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|30 October 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|31 October 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|1 November 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|2 November 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|