From Tudor countryside retreat to 1980s squat, Sutton House has a rich, exciting and varied history just waiting to be discovered.
- Booking essential
Experience Hackney's oldest home with a tour led by a Sutton House expert. Learn about past residents from 500 years of history and the many unique ways the house has been used, including as a home to Thomas Cromwell's right hand man, a Victorian school, and a 1980s squat. Explore a newly installed recreation of the office of Clive Jenkins and the ASTMS Trade Union who were based here from the 1950s-1980s.
Event ticket prices
Child £0.00Child (Under-5)
Child £4.00Child (5-16)
Concession £2.00National Trust member
- Booking details
- Call N/A
- The latest a tour may be booked is by 4.30pm the day before the tour date.
- All children welcome, but the tour best suits age 10 +
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please come through to the admissions desk at the back of the property when you arrive, and we will sign you in.
- What to bring and wear
- Our house can get cold, so please dress warmly. As the tour is over several flights of stairs, flat, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Regrettably, Sutton House is only wheelchair accessible on the ground floor. There are 18 steps from the ground floor and 20 steps leading to the first floor on both sides of the wings.
|14 November 2019||15:00 - 16:00||Available|