Store Stories: A behind the scenes tour
Enjoy a rare opportunity to go behind the scenes in the Mansion. See the hidden treasures in the collection stores at Attingham, and meet the team carrying out some of the conservation work we do.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Join Holly, one of our Conservation Assistants, and see some of the paintings, furniture, textiles and photographs belonging to the collection at Attingham which are carefully stored off display inside the Mansion. They might be in store due to their fragility, awaiting conservation work, not part of current displays, or in our archive. This tour will give you the opportunity to see some of these items and find out more about how we care for our collection.
Event ticket prices
All £8.00per person
|1 adult, 3 children||£21.00||£19.05|
|1 adult, 3 children||£15.00||£13.50|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
When you buy your admission ticket you’re directly supporting our conservation work. Off peak admission available daily from 4.30pm.
By choosing to pay our Gift Aid admission you're further helping us to carry out vital conservation work across the estate to keep it a special place forever, for everyone.
A 'Green Incentive' discounted entry is available for visitors arriving by foot, public transport or by cycle (standard cycles are not permitted past Visitor Reception, children 5 years and under can ride a balance bike, bike with stabilisers or trike in the grounds).
- Booking details
- Call 03442 491895
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the front entrance of the Mansion at 10.30am (this is a 10-15 minute walk from Visitor Reception).
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear flat comfortable footwear as high heels are not permitted in the Mansion as they can damage the historic floors. You will also be moving up and down stairs during the store tour.
- The tour route takes in multiple staircases, steep in places. Please contact us with any access requirements before the tour.
- Please be aware that Attingham Park admission is not included in this ticket and non members of the National Trust will be asked to acquire a park admission ticket from Visitor Reception on the day. Admission prices can be found here; https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/attingham-park#Prices
|13 May 2019||10:30 - 12:00||Available|
|10 June 2019||10:30 - 12:00||Available|
|4 July 2019||10:30 - 12:00||Available|
|14 August 2019||10:30 - 12:00||Available|
|22 September 2019||10:30 - 12:00||Available|
|2 October 2019||10:30 - 12:00||Available|