The Big Tree Climb
Got a head for heights? Come tree climbing to tick off number 1 of the 50 Things To Do Before You're 11 ¾ and get a whole new perspective on nature.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Join The Great Big Tree Climbing Company who'll be on hand beside the mansion to show you how to safely climb (with harnesses) one of our oak trees. Enjoy the view of the grounds from above and then zip line back down from the canopy!
|1 Adult Family||£21.45||£19.50|
Minimum group size 10
Minimum group size 10
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
Admission charges apply to non-members and are paid at Visitor Reception. When you buy your admission ticket to Shugborough you're directly helping to keep the estate a special place for ever, for everyone.
Parking is free of charge.
- Booking details
- Call 0800 0556760
- Please book via The Big Tree Climbing Company's website.
- Children are most welcome
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet the Big Tree Climbing Company on the Doric Temple Lawn. Please allow at least 30 minutes from your arrival time to get from the car park to the tree climbing location.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear clothes that you don't mind getting scruffy and suitable footwear for outdoors.
- This activity will take place about a mile from the car park and due to the physical nature of the activity may not be suitable for all. Please call us if you need more information.
- For most areas of the estate dogs are welcome on leads but there may be some restriction in the area of the activity.
|3 April 2018||10:00 - 15:45||Available|
|4 April 2018||10:00 - 15:45||Available|