Dawn chorus walk
Get up with the lark to hear the dawn chorus as the sun rises over Gibside. Listen for native birds such as robins and great tits plus summer migrants like the chiffchaff.
- Booking essential
Celebrate International Dawn Chorus Day at Gibside. Joining dawn chorus walks across the world, immerse yourself in a cacophony of birdsong. Our friendly walk leader will help you identify some of the individual calls, plus, as the first people of the day to walk through the gardens and woodland, it’s a great opportunity to spot some of the wildlife that lives here. After your walk enjoy a hot breakfast sandwich to set you up for the day.
Event ticket prices
All £12.00includes a hot breakfast sandwich
- Booking details
- Call 03442491895
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet your guide at visitor reception. Please arrive on time.
- What to bring and wear
- Wrap up warm and wear sturdy but comfortable shoes.
- This is a walking event which crosses some uneven terrain. The route may be muddy in wet weather.
- If you have any specific dietary requirements please advise Gibside direct in advance of 5 May. Please note that we are unable to provide a refund for cancellations within 7 days of the date of this event.
|5 May 2019||06:00 - 08:00||Available|