Evening Curator Talk: William De Morgan and the Aesthetic Interior
Join Curator Sarah Hardy on an exclusive out of hours tour of Wightwick Manor and the De Morgan Gallery to learn more about William De Morgan’s impact on the aesthetic interior.
- Booking essential
Opulent interiors filled with rich tapestries and lustrous ceramics became commonplace in fashionable middle-class homes, being championed by Oscar Wilde’s ideals in his ‘House Beautiful’. Wightwick Manor is an exemplary monument to the Aesthetic Movement and the ceramics of William De Morgan are central to this scheme. Decorative panels, Persian blue vases, and twinkling ruby lustre ceramics glint in the light of the manor and are explored in the De Morgan Gallery at Wightwick.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Over 18's only.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please park on the main car park and make your way up the path to the front door of the Manor.
- What to bring and wear
- The Manor heating is dependent on the humidity of the day, therefore we recommend an extra layer, even in the summer months. Please no stiletto heels.
- The walking tour covers both floors of the Manor, there are places to sit throughout. There is no wheelchair access to upper floor. A lift gives access to the De Morgan Gallery.
- £22, includes glass of wine or soft drink on arrival.
|10 June 2020||19:00 - 20:30||Available|