2-day Stone-carving workshop with Amerton Arts Studio
Be inspired by the fantastic artwork you find here at Wightwick Manor over the course of this two day stone-carving workshop.
- Booking essential
Miranda Wakeman from Amerton Arts Studio will show you how to bring your own creation to life in a stone sculpture for you to take home.
This two-day workshop will help guide you to create a relief or 3D piece in limestone inspired by the De Morgan ceramics.
Materials and tuition to create a finished limestone sculpture are included in the course, drinks refreshments also included.
Everyone works at their own pace with individual tuition, beginners are very welcome.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Please note: When booking your selected date, the following day is the next date of the class.
- Suitable for over 18's only.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please park in the main car park, make your way up the main path and follow signs towards the Bridge Garden. (Not wheelchair accessible)
- What to bring and wear
- This is an outdoor event, so please dress appropriately, with sensible, sturdy shoes.
- Unfortunately, the Bridge Garden is not wheelchair accessible. Bridge with stairs will need to be crossed to access event area.
- When booking a date, the second day of the workshop will be the date after the one you have booked on to. Carvers follow a series of suggested topics which introduce new skills and techniques over a series of three days. Step-by-step tuition. Beginners welcome. All stone, use of tools and light refreshments included in price - £130 per person. If you wish to extent your workshop over the full 4 days in May, please book onto both courses (cost £260) and this will give you the opportunity to create a more complicated piece, such as a green man or an owl. (4 day workshop subject to availability on both courses at time of booking and only valid during May classes).
|17 May 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|19 May 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|13 July 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|5 September 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|