Family Ceramic Workshop with Tash Fry: Sculpting Ceramic Otters
Sculpt and decorate your very own pair of otters in this fun, family-friendly clay workshop!
- Booking essential
Allow local ceramicist Tash to introduce you to ceramics as she teaches you how to sculpt your very own otter figurines.
Tash will teach you how to create little otter sculptures using the hand-pinching technique. She will guide you through how to use sculpting tools & carving methods to add texture & personality to your otters, and even turn them into a set of functional salt & pepper shakers for everyday use with some final finishing touches if you're feeling extra confident!
Decorate and experiment with ceramic slips to finish off your otters in a variety of lovely colours.
This is the perfect activity for families to relax into some creative fun whilst learning about the local Hampshire wildlife & the mill’s resident otters.
Anyone and everyone is welcome! No previous experience of working with clay is required.
Your ceramic otters will be fired for you after our session. Please allow up to 4 weeks for this process.
Event ticket prices
All £7.00Child (5-17 years)
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Please book using the 'check availability' link at the top of the page
- Meeting point
- Please meet at Visitor Reception
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear clothing you don't mind getting dirty, as this is a hands on class sculpting with a variety of materials.
- Due to the nature of the mill space, we regret that many areas are not accessible. For more information do give us a call to discuss your access requirements.
- Please note that there is no parking at Winchester City Mill. Nearest available parking is a multi-storey on Chesil Street.