1930s Christmas at Polesden Lacey
As part of our Christmas tradition, our theme once again is the fabulous festive parties that Mrs. Greville was renowned for during the 1930s. Step back in time and experience the glamour of a high society Christmas.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
The house is blooming with seasonal flowers displays, Christmas trees twinkle gently in the salon, scents of nutmeg & cinnamon drift from the servery, and all the while 1930s tunes float through the air to set your feet dancing. Glimpse the servant's areas where all the hard work was done to make the parties run like clockwork and iIt's not just the grown-ups who are celebrating this year, Mrs. Greville's dogs are having their very own party, follow our trail to find her furry friends.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
We now charge a single entry price for House and Garden admission. National Trust members and under 5s go free.
£1 restaurant voucher if arriving by public transport (present valid ticket at visitor reception).
Parking for non-members: £2 up to and including 2 hours, £5 all day.
- Booking details
- Call 0844 249 1895
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Savour the indulgence of Mrs. Greville's renowned Christmas parties, before listening to the Yuletide message of regular Polesden party guest King George VI in the billiard room.
- What to bring and wear
- On our free trail find our chickens, birds & bees preparing their homes for the festivities, their stockings hung up ready & waiting for the big day & their rather unusual letters to Father Christmas.
- Take a horse & carriage ride through the grounds (weekends only) and enjoy a cup of the finest mulled wine whilst listening to local choirs singing favourite Christmas carols in the dairy courtyard.
- The Granary café has a festive menu & our shops are filled with gifts & decorations. In the house, children can dress-up & also write a letter to Santa. The house will be open each day from 11 am on Friday 30th Nov. until Friday 15th Dec. weekdays for tours only, every 15 minutes from 11am-12.00pm (book on arrival), followed by free flow exploration in the afternoon. At weekends and every day from 17th Dec. to 23rd Dec. free-flow from 11am until 4pm. Last entry to the house is 3.30pm. Discover the beauty of the winter garden, which together with the Shop, Granary Café and Coffee shop are open from 10 am until 4pm. Our Christmas offer is free to NT members, and for non-members the admission charges are adults £15 each, children £7.60 each and families £38 (including gift-aid). For non-members there is also a car parking charge of £5. Horse and carriage rides at weekends are £3 adult and £2 child. Please note, for conservation reasons, only the ground floor of the house is open.
|15 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|16 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|17 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|18 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|19 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|20 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|21 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|22 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|23 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|26 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|27 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|28 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|29 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|30 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|31 December 2018||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|1 January 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|2 January 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|3 January 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|