Enjoy a 10k run in the special surroundings of the Longshaw Estate. Free, informal and for everyone.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Join us on the fourth Sunday of the month for our free 10k run. Registration is on the day 8.15 in the café, and the run starts at 9 am. A number will be issued to you at your first run.
The route is two laps, and takes in some wide paths and some more technical off-road sections on grass, rocks and sometimes muddy ground. It is suitable for runners of all abilities.
Timing will be via paper and stopwatches, so if your time is important to you please use your own system.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Suitable for 14 years+, under 16s must be supervised.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Longshaw cafe, registration starts from 8.15 a.m. The run starts at 9 am.
- What to bring and wear
- Please bring safety pins, and bring your number back for reuse. Wear clothes suitable for running, trail shoes advisable in winter months, or in wet conditions.
- Dogs are not permitted, for the safety of the runners, and also because of livestock on the route.
- The event is free, and if you would like to donate to the upkeep of Longshaw, cash or online donations to Peak District Appeal are very welcome. The event is organised and marshaled by volunteers. If you would like to help marshal on the day, you will be very welcome. Please contact Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org Cancellation: If it is necessary to cancel the event, we aim to make a decision by 7pm on the day before, and notification will be put on Facebook and Twitter. If the Met Office forecast gusts of winds over 55 mph, the event will be cancelled. Also, snow, rain, lightening, other may affect the event.
|27 October 2019||08:15 - 10:00||Available|
|24 November 2019||08:15 - 10:00||Available|
|22 December 2019||08:15 - 10:00||Available|
|26 January 2020||08:15 - 10:30||Available|
|23 February 2020||08:15 - 10:30||Available|
|22 March 2020||08:15 - 10:30||Available|
|26 April 2020||08:15 - 10:30||Available|