Timed entry to Dunster Castle and Watermill (19 Oct - 25 Oct)
Book your timed entry to visit Dunster Castle and Watermill.
- Booking advisable
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers. To avoid disappointment, please book your visit in advance, especially at busier times such as weekends and bank holidays.
Please arrive within your 30-minute timeslot. You’re then welcome to stay until closing time.
Open for your visit this week: Castle with a one-way route (entry to the castle is not guaranteed on the day you visit, a queuing system will be in place); gardens with a one-way route, parkland walks, toilets, tea lawn and shop.
Currently closed: Watermill, stables and watermill tearoom.
Dogs are welcome on short leads at all times except in the castle.
Event ticket prices
Adult £10.00Non-member adult (aged 18+)
Child £5.00Non-member child (aged 5-17)
- National Trust member (adult or child aged 5+) £0.00
- Non-member family (1 adult max 3 children) £15.00
- Non-member family (2 adults max 3 children) £25.00
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property. You will need your ticket to gain access and arrive within your selected 30 minute window to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors.
- To maintain 2m social-distancing there are one-way routes around the gardens and the castle interior. The garden route is steep and features numerous steps, slopes and uneven surfaces. Reasonable levels of fitness and stout footwear are required. The route is currently not suitable for wheelchairs, powered mobility vehicles or pushchairs. See website for details.
- • Please book one ticket per person. Children under 5 don’t need a ticket. • Please bring your membership card to show on arrival. • Members park free but non-members will need to pay where there are pay machines. Campervans are welcome but not permitted to stay overnight and we're unable to welcome caravans at this time. • If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your timeslot, we can’t guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Please follow social distancing and government guidance. Face coverings are required in most enclosed spaces so please bring one with you. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.