Tours to the Top - SOLD OUT
We're sorry but this event has now sold out. Enjoy the magnificent views of the North East from the top of Penshaw Monument, climbing up through the secret staircase.
- Booking essential
Climb the 76 steps, built into one of the columns, and enjoy the wide spread views of County Durham, Northumberland, Yorkshire Dales, Pennines and the Coast.
Spot Durham Cathedral, the lights at Emirates Riverside Stadium (home of Durham Cricket Club),Tynemouth Priory, Cheviots Hills, Pontop Pike, Burnhope Transmitter and the Victoria Viaduct.
- member tour £0.00
- non-member tour £5.00
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be a minimum of 1 metre in height.
- Meeting point
- Climb Penshaw Hill and meet at the base of the monument.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear sensible outdoor shoes to climb Penshaw Hill and Penshaw Monument. Wear appropriate outdoor clothing for all weathers, it can be breezy at the top of the monument.
- Access is via 76 stairs to climb to the top. The steps are narrow and winding. To climb Penshaw Hill is via steps directly from the lane or a path that circles the hill. Minimum height requirement is 1 metre.
- Booking is essential as there is limited availability. A maximum of 5 people are able to climb to the top of the monument in each 15 minute tour slot. Last tour is at 16:15, finishing at 16.30hrs. Please arrive 5 minutes before your tour begins. For those who are members, please remember to bring your membership cards with your tickets.