The Pantaloons presents 'The War of the Worlds'
We welcome the Pantaloons back this summer for an outdoor performance of H. G. Wells’ science fiction classic 'The war of the worlds'.
- Booking advisable
“No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man’s…”
…And fewer would have believed in the first years of the twenty-first century that H. G. Wells’ science fiction classic would be performed live by just four actors with intelligences lesser than average…
The critically-acclaimed Pantaloons invade the stage in this funny yet faithful new open-air adaptation as they use musical instruments, puppetry and, um, enthusiasm to recreate deadly heat-rays, giant fighting-machines, squidgy tentacled Martians and interplanetary warfare on an epic scale. The chances of success? A million to one…
Event ticket prices
Child £8.505-17 years old inclusive
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children are welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Please head to the Porters Lodge cottage on arrival - Box office open at 5pm.
- What to bring and wear
- This is an outdoor performance, and will go ahead in most weather conditions, please bring appropriate clothing. Please bring your own seating and picnics.
- There will be blue badge car parking spaces available. The performance area is on the North Lawn 200 metres from the car park. Wheelchair accessible.
- The performance will start at 6pm and run for 120 minutes with a short interval included. Please bring your own picnics, we may have some light refreshments available during the interval. Well-behaved, quiet dogs are allowed during the performance.