2019 National Trust photography competition
We’re on the lookout for two special photos to inspire our five million members. Could they be taken by you?
Capture the best of nature this summer for a chance to be featured on the cover of our 2019 Handbook or our membership card.
We want to see your best shots of National Trust places on the theme of ‘Our space to explore’. Whether you love escaping to the coast, savouring the sights and sounds of the countryside or discovering our gardens, this is your opportunity to show us what being in nature means to you.
The competition is open to both amateurs and professionals, and runs from Tuesday 1 May 2018 until midnight on Sunday 2 September 2018. Entries should be submitted by email. Our judging panel will choose one photo to feature on the 2019 Handbook cover, and one to feature on the membership card. The winners will be revealed in November 2018.
As well as having their photos featured on the 2019 Handbook cover or membership card, the two winners will each receive a Panasonic Lumix DC-G9M camera, kindly supplied by Panasonic. With the world’s fastest autofocus, it’s the ultimate outdoor and wildlife camera. Our runner-up in each category will receive a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G80M.
What to submit
- Your photos must be taken outdoors at National Trust places.
- Your photos must be in landscape format.
- If you’re submitting entries for our Handbook, we’d like to see people in the photos. For the membership card, we’d like images of landscapes and nature without people.
- Focal point of the photograph should be on the right side of the image for the Handbook cover.
- Please don’t send very close-up shots (eg macro shots of flowers and insects.)
- Your photos need to be at least 300dpi.
- You’ll need the people in your photos to give written consent
You must read the rules of the competition before submitting your entries.
Enter the competition
Email us your best shots of the spaces you love to explore, making sure you've read the rules before you enter