A special thank you to National Lottery players
Thanks to the support of National Lottery players, the funding we receive from the Heritage Lottery Fund helps us carry out vital conservation work. To say thanks, on Wednesday 13 December we’re offering free entry to many of our places to anyone with a National Lottery ticket or scratch card.
During the last two years we’ve received over £6.5 million, thanks to National Lottery players, through grants from the Heritage Lottery Fund. Without money like this, we wouldn’t be able to undertake some of our most ambitious work and look after special places for ever, for everyone.
On 13 December we're joining in a special promotion and celebration for National Lottery players. Whether you want to explore National Trust places for the first time or you're a member and want to bring along a friend for free, you can take advantage of the offer below.
On 13 December 2017 the National Trust is offering free entry at participating National Trust places with a purchased National Lottery ticket or proof of play for National Lottery draw-based game or scratch card.
- One National Lottery ticket provides free entry for one adult
- Children between the ages of 5 and 16 get in free with a lottery ticket-bearing adult
- Children 5 years of age and younger get in free under all circumstances
- All National Lottery games qualify for free entry, including tickets from any National Lottery draw-based game or National Lottery scratch card. Tickets / proof of ticket can be paper or digital
- The draw/purchase date on the ticket is not relevant.
- The offer is valid on 13 December 2017 only. Please check the opening times of the place you wish to visit prior to setting out
- The National Trust has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of venue reaching capacity, as well as unforeseen circumstances
- Show your purchased National Lottery ticket or proof of play at reception to gain free entry
Terms and conditions:
Free entry with a proof of purchase of a National Lottery ticket has no cash value. Each National Lottery ticket surrendered applies to the cost of entry only and does not cover any car parking costs. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. It is not valid at a National Trust event where a separate charge is made for attendance. This promotion does not include boat costs to and from the Farne Islands. Visitors must present their National Lottery ticket or proof of purchase at reception when they visit. Sadly, not all of our places are able to participate in this promotion (please check our property pages before you set out); this voucher is only valid at participating places.
Places not included in our National Lottery ticket free entry promotion:
- 2 Willow Road, 575 Wandsworth Road
- Aberdunant, Alderley Edge, Antony Woodland Garden, Ascott, Ashridge Estate
- Bath Assembly Rooms, The Beatles Childhood Homes (20 Forthlin Rd & Mendips), Boarstall Tower, Braithwaite Hall, Brownsea Island Ferry Charge, Buscot Park, Buscot Old Parsonage
- Carlyle’s House, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Cilgerran Castle, Clandon Park, Cliveden House Hotel, Cobham Mausoleum, Cronkhill, Cwmmau Farmhouse
- Dolaucothi Goldmines, Dorneywood Garden, Dunstanburgh Castle
- Eastbury Manor House
- Farnborough Hall, Formby
- Gawthorpe Hall, Grantham House, Great Chalfield Manor
- Hailes Abbey, Hardman’s House, Hatfield Forest, The Homewood
- King’s Head, King John’s Hunting Lodge
- Leighton House Museum, Leith Hill Place, Lundy, Maister House, Middle Littleton Tithe Barn
- Morville Hall, Moulton Hall, Mount Grace Priory, Murlough National Nature Reserve
- Nether Alderley Mill
- Oakhurst Cottage, Old Soar Mill, The Old Manor, Orford Ness National Nature Reserve
- Philipps House, Pitstone Windmill, Portstewart Strand, Priest’s House, Princes Risborough Manor House, Priory Cottages
- Rosedene, Segontium
- Skenfrith Castle, Steam Yacht Gondola, Stoneacre, St. John’s Jerusalem, St. Michael’s Mount
- Tatton Park, Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds, Town Walls Tower, Treasurer’s House (Martock), Ty Mawr Wybnant
- Wakehurst Place, West Green House Garden, Westwood Manor, West Wycombe Park, Woolbeding Gardens
All car parks and properties managed by Historic Houses Hotels Ltd, English Heritage, CADW, London Partner properties and local authorities.