Access for everyone
The National Trust is for everyone, and we want to make it easy for disabled visitors to enjoy the places we care for.
We’re continually looking to create solutions for accessibility which are creative and sensitive to our surroundings.
We also have an ongoing process of improving accessibility information for our places. This information can be found under the ‘Facilities and Access’ section of their individual web pages. If you’d like to visit a specific place, but can’t find the information online, please contact the property directly.
Discounted and free entry
Essential Companion card
The Essential Companion card makes it simple to bring one or two carers or companions with you, free of charge. Just show the card when you arrive, and your carer(s) or companion(s) won’t need to pay an entry fee.
It’s in your name so you can bring whomever you like, but even if you don’t have an Essential Companion card, you can still bring carers or companions free – the card just makes it quicker and simpler for you.
If you’re not a National Trust member, you will still need to pay for your own entry.
Links Pass for groups
The Links Pass gives half-price entry to groups affiliated with disability charities, day centres, or registered care homes. Carers or companions with the group are welcome free of charge.
It’s valid at participating National Trust places (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
Some helpful details about the Links Pass:
- The Links Pass is available to groups affiliated with local and national disability charities, a Local Authority, currently or previously connected to the NHS, care homes or day centres and other caring charitable groups of this kind
- The pass entitles those within the group who are disabled or of pensionable age to get 50 per cent off the standard price of admission. Essential companions, or carers, in the group are given free entry.
- All visits must be pre-booked and are available at the discretion of the National Trust property or General Manager
- On applying for the Links Pass, organisers must quote the charity or NHS Trust number and name of their national organisation
- The Links Pass is only renewed on request – each welcome pack includes an application form for the following year.
How to get your Essential Companion or Links Pass card
To order your pass or card, just get in touch with us by phone, email, or post.
Call: 0344 800 1895
Write: National Trust, PO Box 574, Manvers, Rotherham, S63 3FH
Other resources available
Our access information is available in alternative formats. Please call us on 0344 800 1895.
The National Trust Magazine is available on CD for members from the RNIB. You can order a copy by contacting the RNIB with your membership number.
Call: 01733 375 370