East Cheshire Association
The East Cheshire National Trust Association was formed in 1986 and welcomes National Trust members and volunteers from the Stockport and east Cheshire area.
We run a full and varied annual programme of Outings, Lectures, Walks, Holidays and special events such as lunches and theatre outings each year for the benefit of our 500+ members.
Members receive a quarterly newsletter by post or e-mail, and this details up-coming events and how to apply.
Our programme enables us to raise money to support the National Trust and particularly local properties including Lyme Park and Quarry Bank. In the past year we have given over £7000 to varied projects including
- Biddulph Grange - for a water harvesting system in the kitchen garden and watering cans for children to use
- Hare Hill - to support dredging the ponds by using horse power
- Little Moreton Hall - for repairs to the ash lime flooring and for bird food to attract/retain more small birds
- Lyme Park - towards a plasma screen in the Woodyard café to show clips of the parkland/less accessible parts of the estate for the benefit of less mobile visitors
- Nether Alderley Mill - on machinery repairs to the milling mechanism.
- Quarry Bank - for terracotta pots for the glasshouse, to allow the display exotic plants in the central domed section.
- Rufford Old Hall - for conservation standard blinds for the drawing room
- Sizergh - for a Brush cutter which would enable butterflies and orchids to be more visible for visitors.
- Speke Hall - improvements to the glasshouse in the kitchen garden, including laying on electricity
Get in touch
For more information and to join the East Cheshire Association, please contact Mr C A Matthews on 0161 483 4050.
See what's coming up