Explore for free with your National Lottery ticket
We're offering free entry to National Lottery players at the places we look after, from Saturday 23 – Friday 29 November 2019. As a charity, it's our way of saying a big thank you to players for helping to raise more than £118m to protect natural and historic treasures in our care.
To enjoy this special offer, you just need to show one National Lottery ticket or scratch card for free entry for all your family and friends. So, whether you’re exploring a National Trust place for the first time, or you’re a lifetime member, this is a wonderful opportunity for a free day out with the people you love to spend time with.
Although many of the places we care for will be taking part, we wouldn’t want you to be disappointed with your visit, so please read about how National Trust free entry works below for more details on this special offer.
Where will you explore?
From medieval castles and craggy countryside, to sandy shores and woodland walks - there are thousands of adventures to be had at the places we look after.
Will you discover fallow deer and outdoor play at Belton House in Lincolnshire, the giant waterwheel and apprentice house at Quarry Bank Mill in Cheshire, or Capability Brown landscapes at Sheffield Park in West Sussex? Explore the National Lottery map below to find a place near you.
How National Trust free entry works
- Free entry at participating National Trust places can be enjoyed with a purchased National Lottery ticket from any National Lottery draw-based game or scratch card. Tickets / proof of ticket can be in paper or digital form.
- A National Lottery ticket or proof of play must be shown at reception to gain free entry. The draw / purchase date on the ticket is not relevant.
- One National Lottery ticket or scratch card per family, adult or group of adults is required.
- Children between the ages of 5 and 16 get in free with a lottery ticket-bearing adult.
- Children 5 years of age and younger get in free under all circumstances.
- The offer is valid at many National Trust places from 23 - 29 November 2019 only. To avoid disappointment, please contact the place you would like to visit before setting out to check they are participating in the offer and for their opening times.
- This promotion may not be valid for ticketed seasonal National Trust events and is not valid for events where a separate charge applies, for example meeting Father Christmas. Separate tickets should be booked and purchased for such chargeable events, if you would like to attend during your free visit.
- The National Trust has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of venues reaching capacity, as well as unforeseen circumstances.
Places you've helped
Every day we welcome thousands of visitors who share our passion for experiencing the great outdoors, marvelling at a masterpiece or nurturing our wildlife. To ensure that this is something future generations can enjoy requires significant funding. Since 1994, National Lottery funding has been supporting vital projects around the country.