Explore for free with your National Lottery ticket
To say thank you to National Lottery players, we are offering free entry to many of our places between Wednesday 5 – Friday 7 December 2018. By purchasing a lottery ticket or scratch card, National Lottery players have contributed more than £14million towards conservation projects over the last three years. Whether you want to explore National Trust places for the first time, or you're a member and want to bring along your friends or family for free, you can also enjoy this special offer.
Where will you explore?
From the soaring peaks of Snowdonia and the Lake District, to the sandy shores of Cornwall, with a stop at a World Heritage Site, 'Capability' Brown garden or Tudor manor, there are thousands of adventures to be had.
How free entry works
- Free entry at participating National Trust places can be enjoyed with a purchased National Lottery ticket or proof of play for National Lottery draw-based game or scratch cards.
- Purchased National Lottery ticket or proof of play must be shown at reception to gain free entry.
- One National Lottery ticket provides free entry per group.
- Children between the ages of 5 and 16 get in free with a lottery ticket-bearing adult.
- Children 5 years of age and younger get in free under all circumstances.
- All National Lottery games qualify for free entry, including tickets from any National Lottery draw-based game or National Lottery scratch card. Tickets / proof of ticket can be paper or digital.
- The draw / purchase date on the ticket is not relevant.
- The offer is valid on 5, 6 and 7 December 2018 only. Please check the opening times of the place you wish to visit prior to setting out, as opening times and days vary.
- The National Trust has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of venues reaching capacity, as well as unforeseen circumstances.
Terms & conditions
- Free entry with a proof of purchase of a National Lottery ticket has no cash value.
- Each National Lottery ticket surrendered applies to the cost of entry only and does not cover any car parking costs.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- It is not valid at a National Trust event where a separate charge is made for attendance.
- This promotion does not include boat costs to and from the Farne Islands.
- Sadly, not all of our places are able to participate in this promotion - please look at the PDF linked above for a list of those participating and check the property page before you set out.
Places you've helped
Every day we welcome thousands of visitors who share our passion for experiencing the great outdoors, marvelling at a masterpiece or nurturing our wildlife. To ensure that this is something future generations can enjoy requires significant funding. Since 1994 the Heritage Lottery Fund has been supporting conservation projects around the country.