How to climb trees
Have you ever climbed a 50 metre-high tree? No? Some of our rangers have to do it as part of their jobs, but we'd suggest you start off with something a lot smaller. You can also check out our tips and tricks to get you climbing.
What you need:
- A tree with big strong branches that you can reach fom the groud
- Trainers or boots
- Keep three parts of your limbs (two legs and an arm, or two arms and a leg) on the tree at all times!
- Don't forget to check that it's dry before you climb as wet trees are really slippery.
- Good trees for climbing have broad trunks - ones that are thinner than your legs will probably be too little for proper climbing and won't be as much fun!
- Check out the view when you've climbed a little way and imagine you're a bird sitting on the branch - you're seeing what they see!