The Lewes Centre, founded in 1982, has an active membership living in Lewes, Kingston, Ringmer and surrounding areas.
Following the resolution passed at our AGM in March 2018 membership of the Lewes Centre is open to all and it is no longer a requirement to be a member of the National Trust, or the National Trust for Scotland. We currently have around 177 members.
- to promote and prosper the work of the Trust and in particular in the geographical area within reach of Lewes
- to promote social activities to make membership of the Trust more enjoyable.
Our 2021-2022 programme of talks is now underway and are being held at the Ringmer Village Hall. Details are given below. All talks will be at 2 pm.
- 9th December 2021 “The work of the Air Ambulance Service”
- 13th January 2022 Andy Thomas - ‘The Story of English Freedom’
- 10th February 2022 Dr. Sue Berry - “Georgian Houses in the SD National Park”
- AGM is on the 10th March 2022 – details will be announced in due course.
Your committee continue to review all options for bringing members together however with Committee members retiring and particularly our Treasurer in March 2022 our ability to function is seriously challenged. Unless new members, willing to serve on the Committee are found, the possibility of closing the Centre after the AGM in March 2022 is likely.
If on reading this appeal for support you feel willing to help please get in touch.
Please keep an eye on this web page as well as our Newsletters.
We hope these details are of interest and will encourage you to join us.
Get in touch
To find out more and to join the Lewes Centre, please contact Mrs Denise Bowker on 01273 812137; she would be delighted to hear from you.