The Lewes Centre, founded in 1982, has an active membership living in Lewes, Kingston, Ringmer and surrounding areas.
Following the resolution passed at our AGM in March 2018 membership of the Lewes Centre is open to all and it is no longer a requirement to be a member of the National Trust, or the National Trust for Scotland. We currently have around 177 members.
- to promote and prosper the work of the Trust and in particular in the geographical area within reach of Lewes
- to promote social activities to make membership of the Trust more enjoyable.
Due to Covid-19, our 2020 programme of talks was disrupted and eventually abandoned. We arranged for a number of talks by way of a Zoom Webinar in early January 2021. We are pleased to say that a new programme of talks commencing in October 2021 is to be held at the Ringmer Village Hall. Details are given below. All talks will be at 2 pm.
- 14th October 2021 Dr. Jane Pennington - “Sussex Inn signs and their history”
- 11th November 2021 Dr. Sue Berry - “Georgian Houses in the SD National Park”
- 9th December 2021 “The work of the Air Ambulance Service”
- 13th January 2022 Andy Thomas -‘The Story of English Freedom’
- 10th February 2022 Chris Horlock –“The Devil’s Dyke Story”
- AGM is on the 10th March 2022 –details will be announced in due course.
Your committee continue to review all options for bring members together. A reduced programme of outings has been rolled out during 2021.
At the time of updating this web page the following events have yet to take place:-
17th September – visit to Knole –spaces still available –contact details below
7th October –visit to Scotney Castle –contact details below
Please keep an eye on this web page as well as our Newsletters the next of which is due to be published in September 2022.
We hope these details are of interest and will encourage you to join us.
Get in touch
To find out more and to join the Lewes Centre, please contact Mrs Denise Bowker on 01273 812137; she would be delighted to hear from you.