Mid Sussex Association
The Mid Sussex Association of the National Trust was founded in 1976 and has nearly 270 members. It covers a large area focusing on the towns of Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill, and surrounding villages. Membership is open to both National Trust members and volunteers and non NT members who support the aims of the Trust.
What we do
We arrange an interesting programme of talks from September to June and outings during the spring and summer.
The annual membership subscription is £10 per person and £9 for an additional member at the same address.
Talks cover a wide range of subjects and the outings include trips to National Trust properties and other places of interest:
All meetings are held in the Main Hall at Clair Hall, Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 3DN and start at 2.30 pm.
Teas and coffees 50p - please buy on arrival.
Raffle and sales of books and jigsaws at each meeting.
ADMISSION TO TALKS: Association Members £3.00, Non Members £5.00
Members may buy season tickets for the talks at a cost of £24.00 for 9 talks. Admission to the AGM is free.
The annual membership form and season tickets are available from the Hon Membership Secretary: Anne Tucker, 117 Western Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 3LW or Tel 01444 455803 or e-mail email@example.com
List of 2019 Coach Outings
Ten outings have been arranged in 2019. Coach pickups for each outing will be at Civic Way, Burgess Hill at 8 am, Beech Hurst, Haywards Heath at 8.15am and Whitemans Green, Cuckfield at 8.30am.
- Danson Park and Eltham Palace (EH), Tuesday 9th April – 51 places £38 EH Members £25
- Waddesden Manor (NT) Wednesday 24th April- 51 places £23
- Faversham and Belmont House Tuesday 7th May – 51 place £26
- Wilton House Tuesday 21st May – 51 places £34 HHA Members £23
- Kent and East Sussex Railway and Great Dixter Tuesday 4th June – 51 places £45 or £34 excluding Great Dixter House
- Hythe and Saltwood Castle Tuesday 18th June – limited to 16 places £60
- Firle Place and Charleston Farmhouse, Firle Tuesday 25th June – 51 places £50 or £42 excluding lunch
- Winchester and Hinton Ampner (NT) Tuesday 9th July - 51 places £20
- Watts Gallery Friday 19th July – 51 places £44 or £35 excluding lunch
- Lechlade and Kelmscott Manor – Thursday 22nd August – 51 places £40 or £37 excluding cream tea
Contact – Michael Godfrey 01444 236955
Meet a member
Hello, my name is Anne Tucker and I have been a member of the Mid Sussex Association for 4 years now. I saw a small notice about a meeting of this group in a local magazine. I had just retired and was looking for something to do. I am a longstanding member of the National Trust and have a keen interest in history, gardening, wildlife and the built environment, I though this group would be of interest to me, and I was not wrong!
I am the membership secretary for the group. This involves dealing with new members and renewals every year, and managing the database of members. I send out the group magazine three times a year and help to get publicity for our organisation. I attend the local meetings and I help with fundraising events.
I visit Nymans and Sheffield Park most often, but I also enjoy visiting the properties and countryside areas on the South Downs and on the coast. My favourite thing about the National Trust is the range of properties that people can visit, from small cottages like Alfriston Clergy House to grand houses like Petworth; with all the lovely walking areas that are available.
Get in touch
Our Association is now open all people who support the aims of the National Trust, you do not have to be a member of the National Trust.
For further information please contact our Membership Secretary Anne Tucker on
Telephone 01444 455803 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org