No. 19 play pooh sticks
Pooh sticks is a simple but thrilling sport, first invented by the famous bear of the same name in the stories by A. A. Milne. It also happens to be no. 19 of our '50 things to do before you're 11¾' activities.
What you need:
- You will need two or more players, each armed with a stick of their choosing.
- You also need a bridge over moving water.
What to do:
- Stand on the bridge over moving water.
- Make sure you've already checked which way the water is flowing so that you throw your sticks in on the right side, so that they'll get carried underneath the bridge with the current.
- On the count of three everyone must throw their pooh stick into the water below.
- The stick that floats underneath the bridge fastest wins.