No.20 jump over waves
When you're at the beach there are a few 50 things activities you can tick off your list, but jumping over waves is one of the most fun. Have a go and see what you think.
If you're spending any time on a beach this year, then you can easily get ticking another 50 things challenge off your list.
What you need
- The sea (with some waves)
- Steady feet - you don't want to fall over in the sea while you're jumping!
- A grown-up to jump with you
Jumping over waves might be one of the easiest challenges in the 50 things to do before you're 11 ¾ list, but it's also one of the most satisfying - waiting for the wave to come in and then jumping at just the right moment.
- It's always wise to pay attention to tide times of the sea even when you're a conquering wave jumper.
- It also helps if you know how deep the water you're jumping around in is - don't go too deep!
- Watch out for rocks or creatures like crabs that might be in the sand when you're jumping, and look out for slippery seaweed too.
Once you've ticked off jumping over waves there are lots more 50 things activities that you can get ticked off at the beach, so why not have a go at some of them too. The video below has some more ideas.