October half term events and activities
This half term, why not get involved in some of our great family activities? Follow a wildlife trail, discover historical stories or get creative with natural materials. Wherever you go, there’ll be plenty to do with the kids this October.
Which places are open?
- More than 100 gardens and parks are open in England and Northern Ireland. To avoid disappointment please book in advance, especially at busier times such as weekends, school holidays and bank holidays
- Many historic houses are open in England. If you book a ticket for an open garden or park, you may also be able to visit the house. Visits to the houses are limited to ensure safe, social distancing and so we can't guarantee you’ll be able to view the house on the day you visit
- We’ve opened many of our cafés and shops at these places to help make your visit feel as close to normal as possible
- Hundreds of coast and countryside car parks are open in England and Northern Ireland and most don’t need to be booked
- In line with Welsh Government legislation and the 'fire break' lockdown, all our places in Wales will temporarily close from Saturday 24 October to Monday 9 November
- Following the latest official guidance, all National Trust houses in Northern Ireland are now closed. All cafés in Northern Ireland are now takeaway only
Before visiting, please always check local and national government guidance on travelling. You can check the property webpage in case of local restrictions. We're following government advice closely and will reopen more places as soon as we can.