The Sidmouth Centre was formed in the 1970s and continues to offer a lively programme of activities. Membership is open to anyone in Sidmouth or the surrounding areas who is interested in the aims of the National Trust.
Our activities include:
- Monthly talks from Autumn to Spring focussed loosely on topics of heritage or environmental interest
- Monthly outings from Spring to Autumn to places of interest including, but not limited to, National Trust properties
- Christmas lunch at a Sidmouth hotel together with other occasional social gatherings
Funds raised from our activities are donated towards National Trust projects in the South West. In recent years, we have donated towards paintings and furnishings at Killerton; roof repairs at A la Ronde; survey equipment for the East Devon Rangers; photograph conservation at Finch Foundry; and furniture repairs at Castle Drogo.
Membership of the Centre costs £10 a year. New members are invited to a free introductory coffee morning where they can meet the Committee as well as other newcomers. All members receive a quarterly Newsletter with details of past and future events.
For details contact our Membership Secretary on 01395 579716 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
See what's coming up
As with all Centres, the pandemic has set our planning back somewhat. Our current plans for the first half of 2022 are as follows:
- February 2 - Talk “Behind the Badge” by Alex Leger
- March 23 - AGM and talk – speaker to be confirmed
- April 5 - Outing to East Lambrook Manor Garden and Montacute House
- May 11 - Outing to Wells Cathedral and the Bishop’s Palace
- June 10 - Outing to Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth
We hope to be able to add more events as the year goes by. See our website ntsidmouth.org.