The Aylesbury Centre
The Aylesbury Centre is a voluntary association of National Trust members and volunteers, founded in 1974 to promote our work.
We also aim to provide social activities. These include an evening talks programme, outings to Trust places and other destinations, coffee mornings and more.
The 220 or so members live in Aylesbury, across the Aylesbury Vale and beyond.
Some members are room stewards at Claydon. Associated with this, we produced a booklet on Florence Nightingale - aimed at children but also of interest to adults.
We celebrated our 40th anniversary in 2014 with a social evening at Claydon House. Our President, John Bly, takes an active interest in the Centre.
- 2 September 2017: Garden Party at Wingrave, 10.30am
- 14 September 2017: Visit to Kelmscott Manor and Buscott Park (NT)
- 21 September 2017: Talk 'Trains via the Vale' by Alan Vessey
- 7 October 2017: Visit to Dover Castle
- 19 October 2017: Talk 'Wendover Arm Trust' by Ray Orth
- 16 November 2017: Talk 'Hughenden' by David Bailey, General Manager of Hughenden
- 4 December 2017: Visit to Hampstead, Christmas Lights & German style Christmas Market
- 7 December 2017: AGM and Social