Vets4Pets and Companion Care
We are delighted to be teaming up with Vets4Pets and Companion Care this summer to host a series of ‘Out & About’ roadshows across the country to get you and your pets enjoying the outdoors this summer.
- Veterinary Surgeons and Nurses from Vets4Pets and Companion Care are touring around our places nationwide to meet you and your pets. Their experts will be on hand to give you top tips as to how you can keep your pets healthy and happy in the summer months.
Vets4Pets and Companion Care will be giving away goodies at each roadshow and you’ll be in with a chance of winning some fantastic prizes, including a luxury break at one of our dog-friendly holiday cottages worth £500.
Top tips for visiting with dogs this summer
We’ve got some fantastic places to visit with your dogs. From sandy beaches, nature reserves and coastal paths, we’ve got it all to get you out and about in the fresh air with your dog. We want to make sure your pet stays in the best of health at all times so the experts at Vets4Pets and Companion Care have given us some top tips:
- When you visit, never leave your dog in your car. It only takes minutes for inside temperatures to reach deadly levels
- Dogs aren’t very good at keeping themselves cool so they will need your help on hot days
- Bring their water bowl when you visit, replenish it frequently and even put in some ice-cubes
- Dogs need sunscreen too. Apply it to your dog’s nose, ears and all areas that receive direct sunlight
- Keep an eye out for signs of heatstroke and dehydration. Symptoms could include panting, lethargy, drooling, vomiting and in worst case scenarios, collapsing
- Many dogs love going to the beach but remain mindful of the hazards they present - jellyfish stings, drowning and cuts from broken glass are just a few. Dogs can also eat harmful objects on the beach and swallow a whole load of seawater
- Provide shelter and shade at regular intervals - our car parks are often shaded
We’ve got some great facilities for your dogs – special dog walking trails, hitching posts and crèches where dogs can safely be left, dog mess bins, spare leads and mess bags - just in case you forget yours.
For more top tips, visit petslovesummer today. We’ve got some fantastic videos online advising how you can protect your pet - on holiday, in the garden and much more.
Vets4Pets and Companion Care merged in April 2013, becoming the largest branded veterinary group in the UK - and the fastest growing. They now have over 280 veterinary practices nationwide, including local stand-alone surgeries, as well as concessions within Pets at Home stores. With convenient opening times, car parking available and teams of friendly animal-loving experts, their vet practices provide the very highest levels of care for your pet.