Vets4Pets and Companion Care
We are delighted to be teaming up with Vets4Pets and Companion Care this summer to host a series of ‘Out & About’ roadshows across the country to get you and your pets enjoying the outdoors this summer.
Veterinary surgeons and nurses from Vets4Pets and Companion Care are touring around our places nationwide to meet you and your pets.
Find out where you can meet your local Vets4Pets and Companion Care veterinary team members for practical summer pet advice at our properties this summer:
- Saturday 9th August – Tyntesfield, North Somerset, BS48 1NX
- Saturday 16th August – Hardwick Hall, Derbyshire, S44 5QJ
- Sunday 17th August - Rufford Old Hall, Lancashire, L40 1SG
- Saturday 23rd August - The Vyne, Hampshire, RG24 9HL
- Saturday 30th August - Souter Lighthouse, Tyne & Wear, SR6 7NH
- Sunday 7th September - Ightham Mote, Kent, TN15 0NT
- Saturday 13th September - Castle Ward, County Down, BT30 7LS
- Saturday 27th September – Alderley Edge, Cheshire, SK10 4UB
- Sunday 28th September - Calke Abbey, Derbyshire, DE73 7LE
Many of our properties welcome dogs and you’ll even find home-made dog treats in some of our cafés, so make sure you bring your dog along to the ‘Out & About’ roadshow when it’s touring near you. Find out all you need to know about preparing your pet for the heat, avoiding common summer ailments such as fleas and worms and lots more.
Vets4Pets and Companion Care will be giving away goodies at each roadshow and you’ll be in with a chance of winning some fantastic prizes, including a luxury break at one of our dog-friendly holiday cottages worth £500.
Top tips for visiting with dogs this summer
We’ve got some fantastic places to visit with your dogs - from parkland to sandy beaches. We want to make sure your pet stays in the best of health at all times so the experts at Vets4Pets and Companion Care have given us some top tips:
- When you visit, never leave your dog in your car. It only takes minutes for inside temperatures to reach deadly levels.
- Bring their water bowl when you visit, replenish it frequently and put in some ice cubes.
- Dogs need sunscreen too. Apply it to your dog’s nose, ears and all areas that receive direct sunlight.
- Keep an eye out for signs of heatstroke and dehydration. Symptoms could include panting, lethargy, drooling, vomiting and in serious cases, collapsing.
- Many dogs love going to the beach but be aware of hazards - jellyfish stings, drowning and cuts from broken glass are just a few. Dogs can also eat harmful objects on the beach and swallow seawater.
- Provide shelter and shade at regular intervals - our car parks are often shaded.
- We’ve got some great facilities for your dogs – special dog walking trails, dog mess bins, spare leads, mess bags,hitching posts and crèches where dogs can safely be left.
- For more top tips, visit petslovesummer today. We’ve got some fantastic videos advising how you can protect your pet - on holiday, in the garden and much more.
About Vets4Pets and Companion Care
The two companies merged in April 2013, becoming the largest branded veterinary group in the UK, and the fastest growing. They now have over 280 veterinary practices nationwide, including local stand-alone surgeries, as well as concessions within Pets at Home stores. With convenient opening times, car parking available and teams of friendly animal-loving experts, their vet practices provide the very highest levels of care for your pet.