Autum colour walks in the New Forest
Discover a wealth of autumn colour and wildlife with a walk in the New Forest: from golden leaves and purple heather to fascinating fungi.
We encourage everyone to observe social distancing measures while they visit. Please stay local if possible to avoid creating hotspots. If a car park is full, please come back another time. Help protect the New Forest by not parking on the verges.
We've got three very different downloadable trails for you to try, drawing you into some of the Forest's fascinating history and magnificent ancient landscapes. Dogs are welcome on your New Forest walk, but please keep them on leads to help protect the local wildlife.
The Countryside Code
Please respect and protect the New Forest while you enjoy its unique landscapes by following these guidelines:
Respect other people
- Consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors
- Park carefully so access to gateways and driveways are clear
- Leave gates and property as you find them
- Follow paths but give way to others where it’s narrow
Protect the natural environment
- Leave no trace of your visit, take all your litter home
- Don’t have BBQs or fires
- Keep dogs under effective control
- Bag and bin any dog poo
- Please don't camp on our commons
Enjoy the outdoors
- Plan ahead, check what facilities are open, be prepared
- Follow advice and local signs and obey social distancing measures